Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Last (Pinched) Nerve

Wow, so I apparently carry stress in my neck. Thursday I had this terrible neckache accompanied by a throbbing headache which also made me feel queasy. Great. Friday, it didn't get any better. I could move my head slightly and get a throbbing headache. But, my chiropractor, was of course closed. So, I had to suffer through the weekend. I barely got off the couch on Saturday, but had already planned to go to an Advisor Dinner for us to plan this upcoming year for the chapter. So, I made myself get up and take a quick shower to make myself presentable. We had a great time, but I didn't get home until around 1:30 a.m. John was of course online, starting his day. It was perfect timing! He convinced me to take a muscle relaxer. What a great idea. I had planned to go to church that morning with some neighbors, but I didn't wake up until, oh about 1:00 p.m.! Then I moved downstairs to the couch and barely left for the rest of the day.

Yesterday, I had had enough. I felt like poo (my allergies were acting up too) so I called my boss and asked for the day off. I had no energy. So, I went to the Chiropractor and told him about how this was a Pain in the Neck (literally!). He checked it out and told me that I had a pinched nerve! I figured that's what it was. So, I went back home and rested some.

I did feel much better and went back today for him to adjust more. It's still sore and there's not much I can do to help it except for using ice.

In other news, John has made it to Iraq! Yay, let the countdown begin!!!! :)

I am counting down until I can go rest and hopefully get better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey!!! Thanks SO much for commenting on my blog! I had no idea that you read but I am super glad you like it! :) You've got a pretty great little blog going on here too! So sorry your hubs is gone for so long. Wow. What a challenge! Best of luck, I know you have good friends like Ashley that will be there for you the entire time. Thanks again and I'd love to meet you sometime! I go to Gold Rush every year!? :) LB