Friday, July 24, 2009

Living Single

Well, John has left for his year in the desert, and I am home with Felipe and the dogs, of course.
He has been in Kuwait for about a week and will be soon moving to Iraq. If any of you would like his contact info, let me know. I have his address and Skype name. Speaking of which, how great is Skype?! I can't express how nice it has been to video chat with John. He has been going to Starbucks at like 5 am so that we can chat. :) Pretty cool. It's so nice to be able to see him and it's like having an actual phone conversation, hands free. I hope they never charge!


It's interesting being on my own. I've never lived on my own before...ever. So, when issues arise, It's up to me to take care of them now. So, I'm learning about my weaknesses and trying to improve. I can see that are some good things that will out of this time apart. I mean, I would so choose John over that, but I have to focus on the positive!

I will try to post more often...it's been super busy!





Saying Goodbye at the Airport

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a trooper! Hang in there. My sister knows how you feel. She lived alone for 15 months while John was Iraq. Don't worry; it will all be worth it in the end. :) Call me anytime and we'll hang out. You should come over for dinner sometime and hang out with Easton...especially when my Jon's traveling!