Monday, November 16, 2009

What's Going On?

Well, once again I have fallen behind in blogging. I feel like life is on an upswing right now, so I will try to be more faithful in updating!

Not too much exciting has happened since my last post. Well, I take that back. I battled a few plagues:
  • A rice weevil was living in a bag of rice I bought from the store. It burrowed its way out and decided to make a home and reproduce in my cabinets. That was a fun experience. That happened about the same time that the plumbing was on the fritz.
  • Fleas took residence on my dogs. What a nightmare. I think they must have been living in the carpet because they kept appearing!

Now things have seemed to settle around the house. Externally, I have been staying busy with the Junior League of Atlanta, Alpha Gam (both as an Advisor and an Alum) and I've also joined a small group. Oh, I think I'm also going to be on the HOA board this time around too....Maybe one day I'll learn to say no. However, all of this activity has really helped to distract me. The time that I am home, I'm usually catching up on my tv shows (I know, super important), cleaning (this is a new one I'm trying to be dedicated to) or crafting. I have this passion for my jewelry and have a dream of owning my own business with famous people wearing my pieces and knowing who I am. Maybe one day that will happen! :)

John is also staying busy. His days are pretty filled with work, which is good. He doesn't have too much downtime. On Veterans Day, Governor Perdue was actually at John's base. John was able to meet him and also have his picture taken. Maybe that will get posted soon...

Like I said, I hope to post more frequently. Besides, who wouldn't want to know about all the super-exciting things going on!

Blessings!

No comments: