Monday, March 23, 2009

So Much To Say...

So, for those of you who actually read my blog, I'm so sorry that I haven't posted in a while. Quite a lot has been going on here.

First of all, we found out that John is being deployed to Iraq again. He leaves in June for Ft. Lewis and then will leave in July for a year in Iraq. (Be on the lookout for his blog!) We're not excited, of course, especially because we were just starting to talk about having children. I had even started charting (thanks Ashley!) but God had another plan in mind. Yeah, I learned there is no use in arguing a fight I won't win. :) So, we're trusting in Him. There are some better factors this time: I know what to expect, I don't hate my job, I have 2 dogs, Mom is retired, we can save some money...so, there are some positive aspects. However, I would trade it for him to stay home.

Second, I love my job but things are definitely different in this economy. Our success depends largely on companies still hiring! But, I'm thankful to have a job and to work for a company that has great values and an optimistic outlook. So, I can't complain.

Third, I guess my life isn't as exciting as I thought. That's pretty much all that has been going on in our lives. One thing that we can say is there is never a dull moment!

Just thankful to be so blessed and to have a Father that loves me and is there no matter what! I feel like such a failure sometimes, but I am so thankful that He is still there!

Philippians 4:4-8

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Finally, a post! I've missed you! I'm sorry that John's getting deployed. How long will he be gone?

Don't worry. There is a time for everything. Yours will come. I love you!

Mrs Gina K said...

Sorry to hear about John's upcoming deployment! I'll be sure to keep you both in my prayers!

Glad to hear that things are going well with your job & that you like it! Nothing beats having a job you don't hate! :)

Sarah said...

We are sorry to hear about John's deployment! You guys will be in our prayers!!

So glad to hear that you are enjoying your job!

I miss you!!