Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Breaking Heart

So, one of my dear friends, Ashley, has a new post that almost completely broke my heart. One thing that I will never understand is how someone can abuse another human being, much less a child. I cannot begin to imagine the hurt and anger that this family must be feeling. Now, I don't have children, but I love children and have a soft heart. After having babysat for half of my life, I know that screaming babies can grate on one's nerves....HOWEVER, I don't know and cannot comprehend how one can shake a baby. What good comes from that? Anyway, before I rant further, visit this site to see their story and to pray for Baby Noah.

To read their words are quite amazing. This is a family that has such a strong relationship with the Lord. Instead of harboring anger, they are seeking forgiveness. Instead of seeking retribution, they are focusing their thoughts and prayers to God for the healing of their child.

Now, I am a Christian, and I know that I am in no way near perfect; nor can I imagine what I would even do in this situation. But this couple, that I don't even know, is an inspiration to me...and should be to us all.

My prayers are with Noah and his family.

No comments: